Monday, February 16, 2009

A Very Special Gift

My uncle, who was a lawyer, received a very expensive gift from one of his clients. It was a glass horse about one foot high, so shiny and heavy. He showed it to me and as a young boy I always wanted to touch it and play with it. He placed it on top of his high cabinet.

My uncle was such a thoughtful person. He would remember everyone's birthday in the family including mine. He would always have a special birthday gift.


One time, it was my birthday and I went to his house but he was not around. Then i saw that glass horse atop. I was tempted to reach out for it. Stepping on the sofa, I stretched my short arms and small clumsy hand, held on the horse's legs, but suddenly it slipped my fingers. It fell, hit the floor so hard and was broken into pieces. My uncle was so disappointed when he found out. He did not give me a special gift for my birthday but instead gave me a scolding for what I did. I was also disappointed and I could not forgive myself.


When Jesus died on the cross He took away all our sins-- of the past and of the future. when we receive Him He will give us a special gift. It is a gift of eternal life-- our salvation. I believe that even if sometimes we fall and sin, He is always there ready to forgive and will not take away His special gift.

I love you Jesus.



Bible Reading: Matthew 9:9-13

9As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
10While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. 11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice." For I have not come to call the righteous, but
sinners."

Meaning: Jesus loves a sinner who follows Him.

Application: He loves me a sinner but I have to stop sinning like Matthew

Character of Jesus: He came for a sinner like me

4 comments:

  1. tito ez im so inspired sa mga thoughts mo. im happy that there is someone in the family lyk u who has courage to share something lyk this. sumtyms kc we only call for God in tyms of trials. I hope you will continue inspring each and every member of our family. Kip the faith !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, we learn from our heartaches.. the Lord knows we deserve to be happy and it comes with forgiving ourselves.. tho' easier said than done coz sometimes we are too hard on ourselves.. it's really not that easy if thru our own human effort but if we lift them up to the Lord, with His grace all is possible, light and easy

    perhaps our only effort is how to let go of that heartache and start fresh anew..and God takes care of the rest..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bestfriend,
    Finally, I was able to read all your beautiful messages. Deeply touched by it.
    Congratulations for sharing all this. Glad that you've found God's love and powerful inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your comments... Ngayon ko lang ulit nabuksan 'to

      Delete